The Media Finance Manager is responsible for the tracking and maintenance of the agency’s media finance, in order to maintain monthly and annual revenue reconciliation.
The candidate must have extensive Finance experience within digital media agencies.
Media Finance Management
- Manage the Media team’s finance monthly and annual paperwork / reconciliations with input and oversight from Media Directors, Finance and Operations teams
- Maintain rigorous financial management of all accounts, providing accurate monthly forecasts and demonstrating full commercial control over all client accounts
- Accountable for the team’s monthly invoicing and forecasting in the campaign calendars
- To help manage the finance team manage deferred income and any accruals necessary
- To ensure that the team meets monthly billing targets
- Develop & implement process improvements
- Special projects as needed and additional duties as assigned
Supplementary Campaign Management
- Supporting the Media team in uploading campaign proposals, clarifying the deliverables, accurate budgeting and Statement of Work reviews
Execution of Day-to-Day Tasks
- Management of Media Finances with clear oversight across each campaigns’ planned and accrued spends with inputs from the Media team
- Accountable for accurate finance tracking across all publisher and client invoices across the agency’s digital projects with inputs from the Media team
- Be a master of our operations and finance platforms (Training will be provided)
- Weekly and Monthly Financial Tracking Reports
- Assist with Publisher related contracts or insertion orders ensuring accuracy in planned vs actual spends
- Negotiation of Contracts with key publishers (if necessary), including cashflow management, tracking of media funds and payment terms
- Know the status of any ongoing campaigns from a finance revenue recognition standpoint
- Ensure all work submitted is to the highest of standards with an exceptional level of attention to details
- Self starter, taking full ownership of your projects, deal proactively with queries without delay to timelines, presenting solutions and adding value at all levels
- Always project a positive and can do attitude keeping all campaign stakeholders updated with realistic delivery dates. Meet all deadlines set, continually managing expectations and ensure all expectations are met, if not exceeded
- Keep all internal stakeholders updated on any relevant updates for the projects you are working on
- Be able to think on your feet and make fast logical decisions
- Prioritize daily tasks by assessing the urgency level, the value of the task and the impact of its delivery on fellow colleagues or your clients
- Stay calm under pressure and be able to multi task and be flexible and juggle deadlines in a busy working environment
- Show good time management, attending meetings on time, fully prepared.
- Review and monitor Media team’s feedback (positive and negative) on a constant basis to ensure clients feel their needs are being met
- Accountable for complying with all internal processes to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met
Skills, Competence and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Finance role in a digital media agency
- Thinking digitally and differently, resolving problems and striving to provide clients with a remarkable experience.
- Well recognized by your team and peers for confident communication and people skills.